Skip to main content

...only a few days late!

Want to know what I believe to be one of the greatest blessings God gives us?!  FRIENDS!  It was my birthday last week, and it was a good birthday, I turned 28 and I still don't feel old :-)  I also got to go out for my birthday!  Me and five of my amazing friends went out dancing downtown!  It was fantastic!  My sis in law knew the club owner so he had champange already on ice waiting when we walked in!  The whole night was amazing, surrounded by great friends, doing one of my favorite things ever.... DANCING! 

How many of you like to dance?  And I mean really dance... like with steps and rhythm?  I love to go out dancing!  Country dancing is my favorite, like two stepping, cowboy cha-cha, tripple step and swing, which is my favorite!  I took east coast swing dance lessons in high school with a group of friends, which is when I found my love for it.  And you pair a good dance with a good lookin man who can push me around the dance floor without stepping on my toes everytime (once or twice is okay) and doesn't have to count out loud..... **sigh**  It's wonderful.... 

But seriously, how many of you like to dance?  Have you ever taken lessons or had someone show you how?  It has to be one of the most freeing and confidence boosting things I've ever learned how to do!  I've always wanted to learn latin dance, like salsa and cha cha and such.  I could go on and on and on and on about how awesome it is, but it just isn't the same as experiencing it!  If you've never taken dance lessons DO IT!  At least once in your life, just do it! 

So the next year or so is going to be an interesting and great one!  Work is getting crazy, but in a good way.  I have started to facilitate a Re-Formation class.  This one will hold some unexpected surprises for me I am sure.  In some ways, I'm scared to death to find what I'll discover and in some ways, I cannot wait to see what this class holds for me.  If you don't know what Re-Formation is, I would highly suggest you check out the facebook page on it!  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Re-Formation/103613409704251  I am hoping you will bear with me as I walk this amazing journey, as I intend to blog about some of my own personal experiences through this class.

Have an amazing week, and I'll blog at ya later! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....one of those places in life

Have you ever just found yourself in the oddest of emotional and mental states?  Consider tonight, I have had an incredible week, so many positive things in so many areas of my life this week, and yet here I find myself sitting home, kids are in bed.... house is quiet.... it's dark outside and I am starting to feel so incredibly alone, which does not present happy and positive thoughts in my head.  And it's not at all that I am scared or discontent with being alone in my own house, it's more that I don't want to be just content anymore.  Nights like this happen quite rarely.  Typically, I have so many things like dishes and laundry to do or a book or my devotions to read, but none of those things provide my escape tonight.  Tonight, I face the reminders that I am alone.  Now for those of you reading this, please let me clarify here, I am not truly alone.  My children are here, and I love them dearly.... majority of my family lives within 20 minutes o...

...a race of thoughts

Those who know me, know that I have come a very, very long way from the girl I used to be. Those who also know me, know that I have a very active imagination and mind. My mind can get pretty busy with everything that races through it sometimes. Those fears and insecurities I've worked so hard to overcome, do they ever fully go away? I don't know. Sometimes, they pop back up... quietly in the background of my mind and taunt my thoughts, even cause me to doubt myself. Then I look at where I am in life and I wonder if it's the right place; but what is the right place to be in life?! I'm thirty years old, I have two incredibly strong and smart kids and a warm roof over my head... but there are pieces missing, and I wonder sometimes if those pieces are ever meant to be found or is it me hanging on to pipe dreams? How is it I can look around - kids tucked into bed, listening to the rain fall outside while I stay warm and dry with my dog snuggled at my side - and still feel a ...

... a little embarassing, but a part of life and a blessing I want to share!

Have you ever had something in life that you were doing everything you could with and it just wasn't working out right?  I've been dealing with a particular situation for nearly 8 months like this.  2010 was a rough year, I'd been in and out of the doctors and hospitals and specialists, racking up a total of 3 trips to the ER, one resuling in admittance and an over night stay, 2 minor surgeries and a major surgery in Nov 2010.  Just two weeks prior to my surgery, both my kiddos had their tonsils removed as a result of multiple trips to the ER with high fevers due to Strep Throat.  Needless to say, my medical bills were stacked up and bombarding my mailbox.  I had organized the insane amount of bills/accounts that had accumulated for each of us and worked diligently to pay them all off and to make sure I called and worked with each billing office if there was ever an instance where I couldn't make the full payment that month...